Natala la la la ... ... ...

flickr

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

diablo... 

so my last day in Arenal was a blast (not literally, as i left this morning without a volcano sighting..sigh....) but the day was amazing. my massage and treatments at the Tabacon resort were surreal. I feel totally refreshed and relaxed. The thai massage was perfect -- its a stretching massage, so not really a massage at all. i was lying on the floor in an outdoor bungalow (how cool is that!) and the woman stretches you --think contortion -- and massages your body and you get all warm and languid feeling. she said i was very flexible, hahah. i never think of myself as flexible...after the scrub, reflexology and massage i soaked for a bit in the hot springs. yummy! they have really gone to town and its totally worth it. the experience is very lush, and wonderful.

after my day of relaxation i went back to my hotel, took a nap and then met my new friend Fiona for dinner. we had a blast (again not literally), and *two* bottles of wine....from Casillero del Diablo .... so aptly named...needless to say, i woke up this morning with a terrifc hangover.

i am now back in San Jose, recovering, planning a bit of shopping and then resting up for my two day rafting trip tomorrow. Yeah!! christmas on the riverbed is going to be excellent.