Natala la la la ... ... ...

flickr

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

cold in california 

i woke up last night at somewhere around 4:45 AM because i was too cold to sleep. Now, this could also be because my subconcious was awakened by a text message (you know who you are) i received at the same time, thus awakening a part of me that said "wake up! it's freaking cold!" So, I got up and shivered and then did the only thing that seemed to work: i put on a second pair of pajamas. I was already wearing my nice warm late summer PJs, but i decided the only way to get back to sleep would be to add on top my velour hoodie and pants. I was warm and toasty, and ready to go back to bed.

The thing is, when i sleep in the cold I have *weird* dreams. I think my entire life of the last two weeks ran through my head -- but through the view of a kaleidoscope with a host of new melded characters and, thankfully, a pretty good soundtrack. I woke up this morning a little stiff from sleeping in the fetal position of warmth and with "just a ride" by jem running through my head.

The lyrics are telling given that in the over the next week my entire life is going to flip:

It’s good for a change
You think you worked it out
Bang, right outta the blue
Something happens to you
To throw you off course
But then you

Break down
Yeah, you break down
Don’t you break down
Listen to me
Because

CHORUS:
It’s just a ride
It’s just a ride
No need to run, no need to hide
It’ll take you round and round
Sometimes you’re up sometimes you’re down
It’s just a ride
It’s just a ride
Don’t be scared, don’t hide your eyes
It may feel so real inside
But don’t forget it’s just a ride

(complete lyrics here)

I have the break down, break down lyric stuck in my head. thankfully, i'm not breaking down. yet.